- TESTS PAIN THRESHOLD
- TESTS PAIN TOLERANCE
- TESTS TRIGGER & TENDER POINTS
- UNIQUE PISTOL GRIP HANDLE
- SELECTABLE UNITS: lbf / kgf / N /ozf
- RECHARGEABLE 50 HOUR BATTERY
- PEAK FORCE HOLD & RECALL
- Firm pistol grip handle.
- Fiberglass reinforced plastic housing.
- 5 digit, 0.5" LCD and 4 button keypad.
- Displays: LO BAT,T, C, and PEAK.
- Simple 4 button control and menu access.
- Selectable units: lbf, kgf, N and ozf.
- Tension and compression peaks held in memory.
- Continuous operation with AC adapter/charger.
- Rechargeable 50 hour NiMH battery.
- Auto-off conserves battery power.
- "LO BAT" display warns of low battery power.
- 1 cm² rubber tip, NiMH battery, AC adapter/
charger, verification hook, case, manual and
NIST Calibration Certificate.
- Optional: 3" x 1 1/4" foam lined pressure pad.
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
- 0.5 lb [225 g]. Shipping: 2 lb [1 kg].
- 5" [13 cm] H x 2 5/8" [7 cm] W x 1 3/16"
[3 cm] D
Pressure Pad - An optional accessory used alternately or in addition to the 1 cm rubber tip. The patient is active, pressing the foot, leg or armagainst the pressure pad to evaluate pain threshold or pain tolerance.
The Wagner FPX Algometer performs pain diagnostic testing with the advantages of a digital force gage.
Pressure algometry is a reliable measure of pain in muscle, joints, tendons, and ligaments. The FPX proves the benefits of applied medication, physiotherapy or manipulation.
As treatment progresses, the FPX quantifies improvements or setbacks. Pain threshold measurements provide unique information not obtainable by any other method. The objective measurements give reassurance to patients by confirming improvement.
The minimum pressure that induces pain in tissue trigger points. The FPX quantitatively assesses the tenderness of hypersensitive areas. The FPX 25, used for pain threshold testing, is appropriate for determining the minimum pressure that triggers pain at the point of interest.
The point where painful pressure stimulus cannot be tolerated. The FPX assesses pain sensitivity for maximum tolerated pressure. FPX 50 is used for pain threshold and tolerance testing; with a wider range for comparative tests between a normal sensitivity control point and the area of interest.
||10 x 0.01 lbf
||160 x 0.2 ozf
||5 x 0.005 kgf
||50 x 0.05 N
||25 x 0.02 lbf
||400 x .5 ozf
||10 x 0.01 kgf
||100 x 0.1 N
||50 x 0.05 lbf
||800 x .5 ozf
||25 x 0.02 kgf
||250 x 0.2 N
||100 x 0.1 lbf
||1600 x .5 ozf
||50 x 0.05 kgf
||500 x 0.5 N
|* FPX 10 - For tissue over bone and more sensitive areas.
|** FPX 25 - Most popular for pain threshold trigger points.
|*** FPX 50 - Popular with dual use for pain threshold and pain tolerance.
|**** FPX 100 - For veterinary use on large animals, e.g., horses.
|Included: 1 cm² rubber tip, NiMH battery, AC adapter/charger, verification hook, case, manual and NIST Calibration Certificate.
||1 cm2 Flat Rubber Tip - Replacement
||Steel Hook/Large (100 lbf) - Replacement
||3" x 1 1/4" Pressure pad - Optional
|* Included with FPX algometer.